Video content is popular and marketers are using videos extensively for their activities. A new trend that is fast picking up is short-form videos. These are videos that do not exceed 2 minutes. The very short videos are popular since they don’t take much time to view. Marketers can use such videos effectively.
If you are running a business, then you must capitalize on this trend. In this guide, you will know all about short-form videos and how you can carry out marketing using such videos.
Short-form video marketing: an overview
Any video content that ranges from 20 seconds to 2 minutes is called short-form video content. Usually, the video is around 60 seconds or less. The idea behind creating such videos is to offer bite-sized content that is quick and easy for viewers to consume. In today’s fast-paced world, people don’t have the patience to read long articles. They also don’t want to spend a long-time watching videos.
A video spanning one minute’s duration is perfect since it provides information in a crisp and concise way. Viewers prefer such content because it is convenient. It also allows them to view more content in a limited time. A study showed that 96% consumers preferred short-form video content. The popularity of TikTok clearly illustrates why short-form videos matter. Today’s generation of youngsters very clearly prefer short-form videos.
Interesting stats to know
- TikTok has been able to generate 1.53 billion users. Also, Instagram’s short-form videos known as reels are watched by 91% of its users. These stats show how popular short-form videos are.
- When it comes to the key parameter of return on investment (ROI), short-form videos offer the best ROI.
- Almost a third of all short-form videos are viewed up to 81% of their duration. This is a significant number.
- Nearly half of all marketers are of the opinion that short-form videos are better suited to go viral.
- It is estimated that the average adult will spend 48 minutes every day watching short-form videos.
Reasons to use short-form videos for marketing
- If you are a brand, then you can embed Tiktok videos on websites to boost engagement.
- Short-form videos are viewer-friendly. They are easier for viewers to digest.
- Engagement is higher for short-form videos since more people view them in full.
- SEO ranking can increase when you use short-form videos.
- The ROI is higher for short-form videos. You can expect to get more leads when you use short-form videos.
- It can help you get noticed, which gets you more followers.
Tips to help you get started with short-form video marketing
1) Choose the suitable platform
The three most popular platforms for short-form videos are:
- Instagram Reels
- YouTube shorts
You can choose the platform depending on your goals and the target audience. More number of young people use TikTok and Instagram, whereas YouTube shorts are used by people of all ages. You can choose more than one platform depending on your marketing goals.
2) Ensure the video is short
Short-form videos can go up to 2 or 3 minutes in length. But you must know the longer the video, the lesser is the chance people would watch it. You must ensure the video is under 1 minute, so it is viewer-friendly. If your content requires a longer video, you can break it into two parts.
3) Repurpose long videos
If you have long videos with useful content, repurpose them. Break them up into a series of short-form videos. Release these short-form videos as a series, so you can make a more powerful impact. Before you publish short-form videos, you can start by repurposing your old long videos.
4) Create useful content
Short-form videos must have content that is useful and relevant to your target audience. Some of the ideas to consider include:
- A how-to-video or a tutorial.
- Narrating a story to highlight a point.
- Tips and guidelines helpful for viewers.
- A review or testimonial on your products and services.
- Useful information or fun facts.
Ensure you add a caption that includes any call to action.
5) Post consistently
A key thing to note is that when you post content on social media, you must do it consistently. The same principle is to be used for short-form videos. You must post short-form videos regularly. If you are posting one video a week, then do this for every week. Consistent posting of content keeps your viewers interested in you.
6) Record vertically
A large majority of viewers watch videos on their mobiles or devices. They watch them vertically. Hence, you must record the videos vertically to ensure the viewers have a good viewing experience. Doing this will optimize the video for mobile users.
Use these tips to create short-form videos for more engagement and to attract more followers.